Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekly Tips & Techniques: Stretching your stickers!

This week's tip is brought to you from the Fancy Pants blog, "Miss Fancy Pants". Here Lisa shows you more ways to use your stickers using the October 31st sticker sheet (available at Capture!) After reading this I can't wait to dig into my sticker stash to see how else they can be used! Hopefully it will inspire you as well!

Happy Scrapping!

-Jess

1 Product, 2 Ways: Oct. 31 Elements Stickers

LisaSaundersFramed
I’ve been creating with the Element Stickers from the Oct. 31 line this week. I love finding different ways of using the same product. So when I got asked to use the Element Stickers in 2 ways I knew instantly what I was going to do.
I really have used the one product in 2 ways.





SBC_fp-1299

First of all I made this LO here.


Lisa Saunders - Haunted House


I’ve used the patterned papers from the October 31 line as my base. I wanted to use the Element Stickers but give them a bit of life. Stickers are great, but can appear flat sometimes. So I’ve stuck these on to black card and then cut around to show a black edge. Some of the stickers I’ve just stuck down using double sided tape and some of them with 3d foam tape. I like seeing the variation of heights. You can see a close up here. The stickers now pop!

Lisa Saunders - Haunted House Close Up

 Now I am left with a sticker sheet looking like this.

Lisa Saunders - Haunted House Stickers


There are empty spaces where I have used some of the stickers on my first project. It’s the empty spaces that I’m now going to use on my next LO.

I have carefully cut around the used stickers. You can see the outline of where the sticker has been removed. This is where I have cut and this then gives me a new sticker. I’ve lightly placed this sticker onto the LO and then misted over it. The sticker can then be lifted and you are then left with this effect. They make perfect masks for misting.

Lisa Saunders - Thumbs Up close 2

I used some of the stickers from the ‘off to school’ collection. I separated these banners, stuck them onto white card and cut them out. By punching two holes into each flag I’ve been able to thread some twine through and turn them into a string of bunting. They’ve been stuck down with 3d foam tape.

Lisa Saunders - Haunted House Stickers.2
 
I also used a part on the scalloped edge border sticker to stick on the page and mist over. This gives a great effect. The sticker can still be used. I ended up using it on the bottom of the first LO above. The mist has given it a great shimmery look.
Here is the finished LO.

Lisa Saunders - Thumbs Up

It really is possible to use the one sheet of Element Stickers in 2 ways : )

LisaSaunders
-Lisa Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts